Updated: Mar 22
Our bodies are composed of 70% of the water and we must be extremely careful with the water we consume. Water can easily absorb the properties from its container. Drinking water from a plastic bottle is the harmful not only to you, but the environment.
The best ways to store water is in Earthen, Metal, Ceramic, or Glass containers. The Ideal metal is copper. Drinking water that is stored in a copper vessel is an ancient practice in India. In addition, water stored in a copper vessel, preferably overnight or at least for four hours, acquires a certain quality from the copper. Copper is an essential trace mineral that is vital to human health. It has antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties. It also helps neutralize toxins.
1. Storing water in a copper vessel creates a natural purification process. It can kill all the microorganisms, molds, fungi, algae and bacteria, present in the water that could be harmful to the body and make the water perfectly fit for drinking.
2. Copper aids in weight loss by improving your metabolism. It kindles “Agni”, the digestive fire in your body.
3. Copper bottled water balances the Ph of the water.
4. According to Ayurveda, water stored in a copper vessel balances all the tridoshas ( Vaat, Pitt and Kapha)
5. Heals wounds faster and builds immunity.
6. Packed with plenty of anti-oxidant agents and slows down aging.
7. Can fight cancer- According to the American Cancer Society, the exact mechanism of how copper helps prevent the onset of cancer is still not known but some studies have shown that copper complexes have a considerable anti-cancer effect.
8. Stimulated your brain: copper actually helps in the synthesis of phospholipids that are essential for the formation of these myelin sheaths which cover your neurons.
9. Regulates working of the thyroid gland- Copper is one of the most important trace minerals the thyroid gland needs to function optimally
10. Can beat anemia, reduce hypertension and maintains a healthy cardiovascular system.
Where can I buy one?
Click here to buy one.
It is important to buy vessels that are made of pure copper. Do not buy ones that have other metals mixed in it. Some of the commonest vessels made with copper are copper water jugs or a kalash. If buying a jug or kalash is too expensive for you, you can invest in a copper glass.
Once you have bought it, rinse it out with water and pour water into the vessel and cover it. You can use a steel or glass dish for this.
One very easy way to distinguish between pure copper and an adulterated version is to know that copper is a very soft metal and pure copper is difficult to mould into intricate shapes. So if the design of your copper vessel is very intricate, it is most probably not made with pure copper.
Do not buy any product that says copper coated. You want to get a solid copper product to reap its benefits.
How to Clean:
Wash it before the first use using some acidic solution like lemon juice or vinegar.
Keep rinsing in between uses and wipe it dry.
It’s natural for Copper to oxidize, so do not panic if you see black or green spots developing on the surface. Now is the time to do wash it with 1 Tsp of Salt and 2 Tsps of Vinegar.
You can alternatively use a piece of lemon to scrub around the surface.
Do not scrub it harsh.
Baking soda can also be used to clean it.
How to make the best of this product:
Fill up the water bottle before bed and keep it overnight. This should be your first drink in the morning and you can also notice that it stimulates your bowel movements in the morning.
Keep in Mind:
Only use this to store water, as Copper can easily interfere with other acidic or alkaline substances.
The taste of Copper water will taste different and it may take a few days for you to get acquainted with the taste, but keep thinking of all its benefits and you will soon ignore the taste.
Copper is not innately utilized by our body. That is why too much of the metal can be detrimental. According to the FDA, about 12 mg/day is more than sufficient for the body to use without causing any harm. So, do not overdo the entire exercise. Drinking water twice or thrice in a day from a copper vessel is more than enough to reap its benefits.